Our TERMS, CONDITIONS AND HOUSE RULES
Normal check in time Monday to Friday, is between 14:00 and 18:00 however every effort will be made to accommodate earlier or later check ins (if arranged in advance), or to drop off luggage prior to check in if desired. Saturdays and Sundays check in time is between 14:00 and 17:00
Keys should be obtained from the reception desk. (THE COST TO REPLACE A LOST KEY SET IS R1000,00 that you, the guest will be responsible for. PLEASE LOOK AFTER OUR KEYS!
Each Guest must submit his passport /ID or driving license immediately after arrival.
Under special circumstances our management can offer different accommodation than was reserved to the client if it is not essentially different from the reservation.
Check out time is before 10:00. Please inform us in advance if you require a later check out and we will do our utmost to accommodate your request.
All early departures will be charged the full room rate for all nights reserved.
Your guest is not allowed in your room, unless you leave the curtains open. Refer to section: Visitors / Deliveries after hours. A visitor fee is payable in the amount of R100,00 per visitor AND FULL TARIF IF HE/SHE IS SLEEPING OVER.
All rooms are serviced from 08h00 – 11h00 during week days.
On Saturdays and Sundays rooms are serviced from 09h00 – 11h00.
Free Wi-Fi is accessible to all guests – Wi-Fi key is: Xaviera2020. Please respect that downloading is not permitted.
Please do not wash clothes in our bathrooms. We provide a laundry facility for a small extra cost.
Please do not consume food or drinks on our beds.
Each bedroom has a flat-screen TV with Digital networks, but please show courtesy to your fellow guests after 22h00 and keep the volume to a moderate level. PLEASE Do not let kids play with the remotes.
Preparation of food in guest rooms by any type of barbecues or burners is strictly prohibited.
Although the guest house management takes responsible steps to ensure the safety and security of all guests and their possessions, guests retain final responsibility for their own safety and security.
We ask guests not to leave valuable items (such as jewellery, multi-media devices, cash & cards) either in unattended bedrooms or in parked vehicles, as the Management cannot accept responsibility for theft or loss. Please make sure to always lock your room properly whenever you are leaving, even if it is only for a moment.
PLEASE DO NOT SMOKE IN OR NEAR BEDROOMS AND PLEASE DO NOT THROW SIGARET BUTTS IN THE BEDROOM DUSTBIN OR BASIN!
Bedrooms that have been smoked in, or smell of smoke, will be assessed and charged a minimum cleaning fee of R400-00.
No smoking is allowed in a public space unless it is a designated smoking area. Currently no more than 25 percent of any premises may be allocated to the smoking area. If you wish to smoke, please consider other people, especially children. Please use the sand holders for the cigarette butts and ash. Please do not discard your cigarette butts in our or neighbours garden.
We kindly ask our guests to respect everyone in the establishment, and to dress appropriately while using the common areas.
Again, please show courtesy to your fellow guests when arriving late at night or leaving early in the morning.
Parking is limited to one vehicle per room. Parking is reserved for guests only, or as per agreement.
Most local noise ordinances designate certain “quiet hours” — from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. Out of respect for neighbours, and other guests, noise levels should be kept to a minimum at all times.
Visitors / Deliveries after hours
Only checked in clients may stay in our rooms. Guests are required to announce the visits of persons not staying in Xaviera Guest House; Visitors can visit guests (not inside the rooms) only with arrangement of management. Guests may only visit from 9:00 to 18:00. Visitors still on the premises after 18:00 will be charged a normal over- night rate per person. Visitors are also required to leave a personal identification document at the reception desk.
Guests are responsible for the access of the gate when food has been ordered and delivered. Guests are to ensure that visitors and delivery services have their cell no, so that they may be informed of their arrival. This measure is taken to secure guests on the premises.
The guest house has a common area at the Lapa and Swimming pool. The Lapa includes a refrigerator, Weber barbecue, gas burners, for light meal preparation. Please clean up promptly after yourself.
No open fires are allowed on the paving, lawn, gas braai or anywhere accept inside the steel braai/barbeque units provided by the guest house.
Keep the mobile steel braai/barbeque units at least 1 meter away from any building or walls. This is to prevent the walls from turning black or dirty caused by open fires too close to the building and concrete walls.
The pool is at your disposal from 10:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 20:00. You must arrange with the Management for access to the pool outside of these hours. It is a private swimming pool at all times of the year and children’s safety is solely the responsibility of the accompanying adults.
- Keep pool area neat and clean at all times.
- Keep noise level at pool area very low as other guest rooms are situated directly next to the pool.
- Please inform kids not to urinate in the pool water. (Let us keep the pool hygienic for other guests as well)
PLEASE, NO GLASS ITEMS TO BE USED IN THE POOL!!!
The guest house cannot be held liable if any of the following events or conditions prevents the guest house from fulfilling its obligation to guests. However, the guest house will take all necessary steps to minimize disruption and discomfort to guests under these conditions:
- Unanticipated interruption to electricity, water, sewage to and from the guest house property.
- Industrial actions, civil uprising or criminal activity.
- Fire, frost, flooding, wind or any other force majeure event.
Any damage to the property or its content should be reported immediately upon arrival to Owners/ Management. Failing to do so, guests will be held liable for any damage to the property or content.
We reserve the right to charge guests the full cost of rectifying any damage caused by a guest’s deliberate action, accident or negligence, to the guest house’s property or structure. The guest responsible for the room will also be charged with a clean-up fees.
Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and thereby make every effort to keep any costs that the guest might incur to a minimum.
All clients are expected to take full responsibility and care of the guest house facilities in and outside the rooms and any careless mishandling may prompt the guest house Management to charge the guest for replacements or repairs.
Should your room require repairs, you may contact one of the following (leave a message if after hours for non-urgent items). Or please phone Annatjie Kotze at 082 726 5313 if urgent.
Removal of Guest House Property
We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement cost of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that an item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit/debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
The owners of XAVIERA GUEST HOUSE are dedicated to the protection of our planet’s resources and would encourage our guests to help us by:
- Switching off lights, TV’s and electronics when not in use
- Ensuring taps are always turned off after use.
- We will sort the recyclable rubbish collected from guest rooms i.e. paper, plastic, metal, and glass
- We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
- Ladies please do not flush girly things down the toilet. Use container provided for this purpose.
You are advised not to leave behind your belongings. Please make sure you have packed everything before you finally check out.
If a complaint occurs due to the negligence, disorderly conduct, or unlawful activities of those occupying a guest room, or if we receive repeated noise complaints, the offending guests may be evicted and/or receive additional charges to their account.
In the event of a cancelled booking, the following default policy will be applicable:
Where cancellation occurs:
- On arrival or no show or during the stay – the full payment due for the entire booking will be retained.
- 1 – 14 days before arrival, – the full deposit paid will be retained.
- 15 – 28 days before arrival – 75% (seventy five percent) of deposit, or 25% (twenty five percent) of full quote value will be retained (whichever is the greater).
- 28 days or more before arrival – 50% (fifty percent) of deposit, or 25% (twenty five percent) of full quote value will be retained (whichever is the greater).
- A 10% admin fee will be charged on all refunds
- In the event of a premature departure the full extent of the stay, as originally booked and confirmed, will be charged.
- For December bookings a full payment is required 2(two) weeks in advance with no refund. We might consider a refund in case of illness and /or death if a doctor’s letter is attached to cancelation request.
- No refund shall be made to any client who chooses to sleep elsewhere after having booked and fully paid the room charges.
Only cancellations via e-mail will be accepted.
If a guest is evicted, they are not entitled to any refund.
For all Long stay Bookings:
- Where a cancellation occurs within 24 (twenty four) hours of arrival, we will retain the full amount quoted for the first four weeks, 25% (twenty five percent) of the amount quoted for the following four weeks and the balance of the amount quoted for the remainder of the booking will be refunded.
- Where a cancellation occurs during your stay – the full payment due for the entire booking will be retained.
We strongly recommend that all clients be insured against possible, medical expenses, personal accident, loss or theft of personal belongings etc.
- It is your responsibility to take out appropriate personal travel insurance.
Xaviera Guest house,
Owners and or employees do not accept any liability for loss, injury or damage how so ever arising sustained by any person on or around the premises.